- Who are we?
- How do we collect information?
- What we use your information for
- Sharing your information
- Cookies and Traffic data
- Your information
- Security and storage of information
- Transfers outside Europe
- Other Sites
- Further Information
Who are we?
We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08645452. Our registered office is at Parking & Property Management Ltd, Ocean House, 12th Floor, The Ring, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1AX. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers and this registration covers all of our different business divisions.
For details of how to contact us, please refer to the Contact Us page.
How do we collect information?
We will collect information from you if you:
- register to use our website; this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis
- provide your vehicle registration number via one of our parking payments machines.
- provide your vehicle registration number via one of our permit entry systems, this may include a web login, on-site portable entry system, phone-based permit system.
- complete online forms (including call-back requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer to you from time to time.
- provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any product or service we provide (including any Apps we may offer).
- contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email, or post.
- visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies (as described in section 5 below).
- provide your contact details when using our web-based Parking Charge Notice appeals service, this will include your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- provide your payment details when using our web-based or telephone-based Parking Charge Notice payment service.
What do we use your information for?
We will use your personal information to provide any information on services that you have requested or any products or services that you have ordered. We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our products, services, or our website.
We may use your personal data for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, website, and customer communications.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Other organisations such as the International Parking Community (IPC), the Independent Appeals Service (IAS) service for parking events in England and Wales, landowners, managing agents, tenants, and any authorised sub-contractors, such as mail service providers, business process outsourcers, credit reference agencies, collection agents, legal advisors, IT service providers, and payment service providers.
We may pass collective information about the use of our website or our products or services to third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
Cookies and Traffic Data
Web analytics and similar services
Our website uses web analytics services. Web analytics cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the website, product, or service. This helps us make our service to you better.
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the website that you visited before ours, the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, product, and service statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website, products, or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings, see the Internet Advertising Bureau website www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
You have the right to make the following requests about personal data we may hold:
- To inform you how and why it is processed; to give you access to it; rectify and incorrect information; to delete it; to restrict our use of it; to ask us to transfer a copy to a third party and object to our use of it.
- Data protection law requires us to verify your identity before providing information, respond to your request and tell you why, if we do not agree with it.
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact us at Data Protection Officer, Parking & Property Management Ltd, Ocean House, 12th Floor, The Ring, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1AX, or by email at email@example.com. If you request a copy of your information you will not need to pay any fee.
Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
Some communications sent over the internet, such as email, may not be secured unless they are encrypted. Although we do our best to monitor and improve how we protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission of data to our site is at your own risk. We do however use secure connections in our payment pages.
If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or service please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
Transfers outside Europe
Personal data in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way. Our website and some of our products or services or parts of them may be hosted in the United States and this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website, product, or service outside the European Economic Area (which means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) (“EEA”) to the United States. When you send an email to us, this may be stored on email servers which are hosted in the United States, if we do this, we will take steps to ensure that our hosting provider uses the necessary level of protection for your information but if you do not want your information to be transferred outside the EEA you should not use our website, product or service or contact us via email.
If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third-party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
If you would like further information about data protection, or if you would like to view the register of Data Controllers, you can visit the Information Commissioner’s site at https://ico.org.uk/.
Thank you for visiting our website.